Saturday 28 January 2012

January Session at Chertsey Museum

So sorry not to have posted this before, but life, deadlines, and disasters got in the way.

Last weekend was a busy Fun With Fabric weekend

Friday saw the January meeting of the Chertsey Museum girls - they showed the retractable tape measure covers they made in December, along with some projects they had made at home






For the January session we had decided to look at stencilling.  I struggled to find some appropriate ideas, so instead I twisted it a bit to making marks on fabric.  We looked at using ordinary colouring pencils, and then painting fabric medium (usually nixed with acrylic paint to make it permanent on fabric) over it, and using Inktense intense pencils which become more intense when brushed over with water, and become permanent on fabric.

You can see from my trial on paper how vivid the colours become when water is added (right)

 I did take some stencils for people to use:

While other people drew freehand with the Inktense pencils

As you can see, we had a problem with the ink running, so I think most of us are writing this off as an "I know how to do it, but probably wont bother again" technique!

And one lady tried the ordinary pencils with the fabric medium

All are going to have a go at quilting their creations


Benta@SLIKstitches.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I will always reply, so long as I cant contact you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...