Friday 3 May 2013

Teacher Training

I may have mentioned that I am doing a sort of teacher training course, nothing as grand as training to be a real teacher: but this will qualify me to do the Adult Education classes that I have been doing for a few years.

We all have to do a 'micro teach' - teach a twenty minute lesson on anything so the tutor and the other students can feedback on our teaching skills.

Rather bravely it turned out, I decided to teach them all how to make a fabric flower brooch, and get them all to make one.  What I forgot to factor in is that my usual students are there because they want to make something from fabric.  Last night's motley crew included a dancer, a guy who runs a Drink Driving awareness course, a business tutor, a student adviser and a chef, and none of them had any interest in sewing at all.  They were all very supportive of me, but *everything* took much longer than usual.

Luckily, when the tutor called 'time' after my 20 minutes, they all begged to be able to carry on as they were enjoying it, so I must have done something right!

We did get 9 fabric flowers made, out of a class of 10, so that wasn't bad at all, and I managed to get pics of some of them




My feedback?  They all said my timing was out - and it was!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I will always reply, so long as I cant contact you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...